What is S.A.F.E.?
S.A.F.E. is a mobile emergency communications app that uses geofencing technology to alert users of a threat via mobile phones. Once an alert has been created, users can send real-time information to law enforcement.
How can S.A.F.E. be used in NH schools?
S.A.F.E. creates a safer school environment for students and faculty by providing the ability to simultaneously notify anyone in the impacted area with hyperlocal emergency alerts and real-time crisis communications. We recommend parents download the S.A.F.E. app so they can also receive updates and/or instruction during an unexpected situation.
This is an “Opt-in” proposal for schools. Every school system would have the right to accept or not, and would also have full control over the platform, and would also have the sole right to decide on the timing and all of the other details of their own implementation.
Our mission is to eliminate or reduce casualties in an active shooter or life-threatening incidents. A few seconds of warning can be the difference between life and death. The school system would work with local law enforcement and S.A.F.E. staff for training.
How do I download the S.A.F.E. app?
The S.A.F.E. app is free and available to download via the Apple or Google Play stores.
What do superintendents and school administrators need to know?
Free for U.S. Schools
Any U.S. school can sign up for FREE today and start sending alerts to their students and faculty. Communication within your school is key to keeping everyone safe.
Easy to Deploy
There is no infrastructure for schools to own or operate. Every school would have their own secure administrative alert dashboard, giving them the sole right to pre-define alert area messages or create them in real-time.
What do parents and students need to know?
S.A.F.E.’s mobile app is free for students and parents to download today. With S.A.F.E., your privacy is 100% protected. Alerts are sent anonymously based on your location and the preferences you select.
Is this technology reliable?
Yes. The technology developed by this company has served Homeland Security and our nation’s safety agencies since early 2012. Our platforms have performed in emergencies ranging from hurricane recovery to the 2013 Boston Marathon bomber manhunt.
Does this technology rely on cell phone service?
The technology uses wifi and cell tower triangulation to deliver the messages.
Facts about S.A.F.E.
- S.A.F.E. can put a message on your smart-phone anywhere in the world, without knowing anything else about you, except that your phone is in the emergency alert area.
- S.A.F.E. can isolate a school building or campus, and if you are on campus you will get the alert, and if you are not on campus, you will not.
- S.A.F.E. delivers rich media messages in real time, with any combination of audio, video, pictures and text.
- Parents of children in the school can preset “watched locations” on their own phone, so that they will receive any alerts which are sent to any of their child’s school, regardless of where the parents actually are.
- S.A.F.E. is completely anonymous and collects no personal data.
- S.A.F.E. messages can originate either from the school administration itself, or from local law enforcement, or both.
- S.A.F.E. has customizable libraries of color-coded and audible alerts (Active shooter in cafeteria!) which are instantly ready to go to a pre-designated geographic area, with the touch of just one or two buttons.
- During an active alert, S.A.F.E. allows for anonymous tips, offering the police situational awareness data from inside the school building.
- S.A.F.E. proposes no changes to any laws, or the U.S. Constitution.